Skyrim Campaign New Character Creation: We will use the core DragonQuest rules with some customization. Here are some guidelines for creating a character for this campaign.
1. Roll 1d10+89 for starting points to distribute among your 6 primary characteristics (this replaces the Point Generation table on p. 7). Range for each characteristic is 5 to 25. Apply racial modifiers, listed on the Playable Races spreadsheet, after distributing points – these can put you outside of the normal 5 – 25 range.
2. Starting Perception = 12
3. Pick at least 1 melee and 1 ranged attack weapon, both at rank 4. Choose others per normal DQ rules http://www.fantasist.net/downloads/DQ3TSRFullRules.pdf.
4. The cold iron restriction on magic is lifted. If you want to be a spell caster refer to the Skyrim Spells spreadsheet.
5. Choose 1 Skill at Rank 4 and others per usual rules.
6. This will be a series of Story Scenes, Dungeon Crawls, and some Surface Fighting. Travel will be automatic, no travel time or encounters in between (this can change if we play more often). Darkness won’t be much of a problem.
Some Thief ability will be useful.